Search Using the Tools God Gave You

Custom Search

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Who Are You? (Who, who...who, who)

Hopefully with this title, you notice the reference to the song by The Who. For those of you who only know me through this blog, I am going to go ahead and let you know that I am a classic rock kind-of-gal. I love classic rock, which, frankly, is odd for someone that is my age.

All kidding aside, though, this is an important question for me to ask you, and for you to ask yourself. Who are you? If you don't know the answer to that question, you definitely need to sit down and examine your life. While it is okay for you to take a few minutes to think about this, it's a whole different ball game for you not know the answer to this question. Once you find the answer to this question, it is much easier to find your sweet spot.

An interesting realization that I have most recently come to, however, is that whoever I am, I am the only me. I bet if you try hard enough, with only one guess, you can figure out what made me come to this realization. Give up, yet? It was the book Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado. What immediately grabbed my attention was when he said that since God only made one me, if I am not being the me that He created me to be, there is no me in this world. Because I am the only person exactly like me, if I am not being myself, I am depriving the world of the person I am supposed to be.

I know, it sounds kind of confusing. Once you catch on, though, you are going to want to be the you that God created you to be. This is reason enough to find your sweet spot. If you are living in survival mode, and just trying to get through the week, you can't be who God wants, and has created you to be. You are the unhappy person that people don't want to talk to. And, Heaven forbid they ask you how you are doing. ...

Decide who you are. Decide the person that God created you to be. Find out who it is you are supposed to be, and be that person. Find your sweet spot, and run toward it. Make your life uncommon!

No comments: