Search Using the Tools God Gave You

Custom Search

Monday, December 1, 2008

For What do You Give Thanks?

In these economic times, it is so easy to get discouraged. It is easy to think that there is nothing to be thankful for. This is simply not the case. We have so much to be thank God for each and every day. I have many, many things to thank God for. I can only hope that I thank Him enough.

The first thing that I am thankful for is my freedom. I have so many freedoms that others may not have: speech, religion, etc. There are people on this earth who don't have these same freedoms. It's not something that I think about often, but it is amazing and wonderful to live in a land where we are not persecuted for our beliefs. We can worship God, without the worry of any punishment. It's wonderful to have so much freedom, and I hope your realize that this holiday season.

Another thing that I am thankful for is the love of my family and friends. I have so many people in my life that care about me and love me. I can't imagine what life would be like without these people. They include my wonderful husband. My incredible family. My fantastic friends and coworkers. There are just so many people in my life that I love and that love me. Hopefully, they know how much they mean to me.

The greatest thing that I have in my life to be thankful for is my life, itself. I have, thanks again to God, a life that is so worth living. Even though I have days, as most everyone does, that I think my life is just too stressful and too much of a hassle, there has never been any point in which I thought I wish I wasn't in this life. I have always loved the life that I was given, and no matter how hectic it gets, I know I wouldn't trade places with anyone.

Even though Thanksgiving has come and gone, it is still time to be thankful. We should be thankful every day of our lives. We were given so much to be thankful for, and we never forget that.

No comments: