Search Using the Tools God Gave You

Custom Search

Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Piece of the Puzzle

Did you know that you are a part of a puzzle? When God created you, He made you to fit perfectly into the puzzle that He created. Without you finding your sweet spot, though, the puzzle will be incomplete. The only way for you to fall into place in the puzzle is for you to be the you God created you to be. Find your sweet spot (do what it is you love to do), and your life will be more fulfilled, which will, in effect, put you (the puzzle piece) exactly where you belong.

I have started my pursuit of writing, as you know. I am working toward making a career of writing, as I have recently discovered that writing is my sweet spot. It would only make sense that many of the people that I admire would be writers. I really admire author Shel Silverstein. I have always loved to read his work. I own every children's book that he has ever written, the most recent of which was published in 2005, some 6 years after his death.

Just this morning, I came across one of his interviews. He gave very few interviews during his life, and as I read this one, it went right along with Max Lucado, and The Cure for the Common Life. Max Lucado points out that you are the most successful when you are living in your sweet spot. Shel Silverstein had this to say:

"I think that if you’re truly creative, you can work in certain related fields of creativity, but then there are others that are beyond you. For instance, a man who works well with words might work as a writer and as a poet and as a lyricist. But if he tried to work in sculpture, he might get absolutely nowhere..."

Finding your sweet spot will benefit you more than you can imagine. Your life will seem better when you are doing what you love to do. Both Shel Silverstein and Max Lucado share the same view that doing what you love and are cut out to do with give you the best results in life.

No comments: