Search Using the Tools God Gave You

Custom Search

Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's Definitely Not Twilight

In my search to learn more about the sweet spot and God's great plan for my life, I have come across something on the internet that I was super excited about. I went to the Max Lucado website, and I found it is extremely interactive. It was so neat to find that you can download sermons, download excerpts, and even hear short one-minute messages from Max Lucado. I love the site, and I can promise you that I will be visiting it more often. I have always been a Max Lucado fan, but after this book, I have a renewed interest in his writings. While everyone at my job is talking about Twilight, I am thinking "Anyone read Cure for the Common Life? And if you have, are you in pursuit of your sweet spot, or is it just me?"

If you haven't heard of the book yet, you should really look into reading it. It has changed my life. I am on my way to living the life God has given me, and being the person God has created me to be. If I am not that person, who will be? God only created one me for this world. I don't want to rob the world of this me? Do you?

If you have any spare time, you absolutely need to pick up this book. Even if you don't have spare time, it's well worth it. The reviews are great. Dr. Phil, himself, had this to say of the book, “God gave you uniqueness, a talent, a skill, one that is yours alone to use in honoring Him. Cure for the Common Life can help you find that uniqueness, the "sweet spot" that puts it all into perspective, and show you how to live it everyday so that you aren't just existing in God's creation but thriving in His plan.”

It may sound like I am pushing this book on you because I have stock in Max Lucado, or I am a salesman of some sort. I have just really enjoyed reading this book, and wish I had read it while I was in college. It's such a motivating book, and it will inspire you to find your sweet spot.

Go, buy, read, live!

No comments: